PART 5/2010
Impressum: Susanne Dold | Sommerhuderstr 15 | 22769 Hamburg | Germany

home
me
media
graphics
illustration
arts

June 05, 2005


I went to a little "design conference" in Hamburg last month which was quite interesting in a way. Three of the agencies presented themselves in a very interesting way and brought some added value with different abstracts from their work to this event. The fourth person seemed to be a little bit unorganized and a little bit confused. I don't know what he did to himself but he was somehow mentally absent ("hm, yeah, usually I shouldn't be here, I should rather spent a great time with my partner at the beach in Spain, and unfortunately I'm not well prepared, because I started writing this speech in my car while driving here, hm,..., ehm,...") The thing is, that this guy has been doing real nice stuff in the past, and I'm astonished how unprofessional he presentetd himself and his whole team. After the event I held a little speach in the agency about this conference and about the work I've seen and what I liked and what I thought was worth telling about it. I think that it is very important not to forget that sometimes you get only a few seconds to make a good impression. It's not only good work that counts it is also your personality and the way you treat your clients. And if I open up the Page(german magazin for design), seeing that they offer a workshop with this guy for only "980 Euros" by teeling me that I will learn how to find new ways of graphic design to change the world, I just can say: Hey, just spent a day outside in the fresh air, take your sketchbook, some pencils and maybee some other stuff you find at home and safe your money for the next adventure.

0 Comments: